Stamps: Secret Garden, Trust God
Card stock: Shimmer White, Basic Gray, Coastal Cabana
Ink: Coastal Cabana ink pad, VersaMark; Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay re-inkers; Wild Wasabi marker
Ribbon: Coastal Cabana 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim
Other: Clear Emboss Powder, Aqua Painter, Ovals Collection Framelits, Stripes Embossing Folder, Large Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Dimensionals.
1. I stamped the flowers from Secret Garden in VersaMark ink on Shimmer White card stock (this card stock works the best for this technique) and embossed with clear emboss powder.
2. Fill a misting bottle with water, an Aqua Painter with water, and have a paper towel ready.
3. Choose 2-3 re-inker colors and put a few drops of each separately in a paint tray or other plastic tray. (You can use the lid from a Cool Whip container.)
4. Spritz the embossed image with water until it is saturated and there are pools of water in the embossed areas.
5. Moving quickly, dip the Aqua Painter into your darkest color of ink and lightly tap it into a pool of water on the image. You only have to touch it once - the re-inker will spread across the pool of water.
6. Wipe any excess water from the Aqua Painter on the paper towel and then do your lighter color.
7. Continue until entire image is colored.
8. Set aside and let dry well.
9. When dry, cut out the image and use it on your card as desired.
Just be forewarned - this technique will make you gasp out loud with delight! It's soooo cool! It makes me look like a "real" painter!
Until next time...
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Purchase your stamping supplies at http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/jaynestamps/
Come hang out on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stamping-with-Jayne/305361602711
Post a Comment